Monday, August 15, 2011

Vacation in a Nutshell

***Every time I think "in a nutshell", my 13 year old self thinks back to good 'ol Austin Powers... "No, this is me in a nutshell. Help! I'm in a nutshell! How did I get into this bloody great big nutshell? What kind of shell has a nut like this?" - Austin Powers, Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

So we're back. First off, I found a really great tutorial on headers here and I am so happy that I did. I have always wanted the power to manipulate my header on a whim and now I have it! I am not sure if I am going to change it monthly or seasonally, we shall see....

Second, I am going to interrupt the 1st birthday recaps with some vacay love. Don't worry I will regale you with the rest of the amazing parties, just want to talk about the best vacation ever, first.

Now, normally I would rehash every day in excruciating detail, but honestly I don't want to. I have decided to keep it simple and sweet, with a nice little list. Just the major parts, no unnecessary filler.

So with no further ado, Our Brigantine Beach Vacation 2011....

1. Quality Family Time

For the most part we spent the vacation, alone, just the three of us. We have never had an entire week of just us. At Christmas time, Brian had off from work, but we traveled a lot. Easter was spent visiting family as well. This week, was just us, 24/7, and I think we really took advantage of the situation. We sat and soaked each other in. We played, we at on the deck and watched cars go by (seriously one of the Magster's favorite pastimes), we followed Mags around as she cruised around the huge house and established a very special relationship with the refrigerator (at our house, she has never gone near the fridge....here, she couldn't get enough of the big, grey, shiny behemoth....LOL). Overall, it was a great and wonderful bonding time for our little family.

2. Food

Vacation is meant for eating. Mostly it's meant for eating out and when you're at the beach your main choice should be seafood. I had crab cakes, lots of shrimp and sushi. I also finally got the chance to try OCNJ's famous Mack n' Manco's pizza, and it was really good!!! We also had two great dinner in, of steak and potatoes and then pasta and kielbasa. We tried all the ice cream joints on the island (all two of them) and I would say that is a toss up and further research must be done. It was glorious!!!! Sorry for the lack of food pics, but I was too busy eating to stop and get out a camera....Please enjoy some random photos....

3. Sleep

Finally, I would have to say that for the majority of the nights at the beach, I slept like a baby, and I mean that in a good way. I fell asleep the minute my head hit the pillow and I slept HARD. I indulged in a mid morning nap everyday and still managed to fall asleep with no problem. It was awesome! Sleep is something that does not come very easy to me lately and it was nice to take a vacation from that frustration. When I went to bed, I slept instead of my normal tossing and turning, with my thoughts racing. Case in point, last night was HORRIBLE. It was like, someone was getting back at me for sleeping so well the entire vacation, and to get back at me, I was awake the majority of the night with my mind thinking about a million things (the majority of this post was written last night, when I should have been sleeping...). I don't know what helped me to sleep so peacefully while we were away...maybe it was the bed, could have been the central air, I was more active every day or maybe it was just the food coma I put myself in. I don't know what it was, but I miss it.


So that isn't everything from the vacay, but it's the major things that made it a blast. Here are a few more things, in no particular order....

A.C., being sad when the in-laws left, the monsoon as we left OC and when we went home, trudging back and forth to the beach, Daddy being the lotion King, soaking up some cable tv (Toddlers and Tiaras and Dance Moms...those people CRAZY!!!!), drinks on the deck with the hubs, fully realizing what a ham Magsalicious is, stupid NJ circles, trashy magazines, our amazing house, awesome Chinese food, s'mores, the amazing sand mitt, spray suntan lotion, Mags trying to get EVERYONE'S attention, EVERYWHERE we went and sooooooo much more!!!


Yea we HATE the water..but we had to try....LOL




Overall, an amazing time. Hope you're having a great Monday!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails