Friday, August 5, 2011

You Three Words

Birthday Party #1*

*not in ranking order, purely chronological (just in case anyone was wondering....)

So I know I'm a little behind in posting about the 1st birthday parties, but here's the lowdown on the first one...

The party was scheduled to be thrown on Saturday, July 23rd, but due to some unseen circumstances, we had to move it to the next day, the 24th. Luckily only one person wasn't able to attend because of the date change, so we still had people show up.

It was hot as blazes, but we stayed inside the in-laws' nice air conditioned house, so it wasn't a big deal. Now for the deets...

First, and foremost, the outfit. I wasn't a hundred percent sure what I wanted Mags to wear, but I knew I wanted cupcakes and a tutu. After scouring Etsy, for an embarrassing amount of time, I decided against the tutu and decided on a petti-skirt. I found a website that offered petti-skirt kits, and my MIL offered to make it since she is a whiz at sewing, but for some reason it just didn't work out. Thankfully, my MIL was able to find purchase one that was perfect. I also wanted Mags to have a cute pair of bloomers to wear under her skirt and I found the perfect pair. So with no further ado, I present the 1st 1st birthday outfit....

Shirt: This Pretty

Pettiskirt:Not sure

Shoes: Target-Trumpet Too

Hair bow: Ebay last year

And here's a shot of the bloomers....

I loved her outfit and we got so many compliments. It really came together nicely. Mags had a little trouble getting around at first, but she figured it out.

Next to procure were the decorations. I purchased a few things from Etsy again, a party hat, cupcake toppers and a door sign.

Decorations: 10 Candles

I was having trouble justifying the exorbitant cost for a banner, but I really wanted one and I decided to bite the bullet and try to make it myself. Now I don't know if I have made it abundantly clear on here or not, but I am by no means crafty or creative. I can appreciate others' craftiness and creativity (Hello, Pinterest), but I can never seem to duplicate it. So I didn't have the highest hopes for this little project, but I reasoned something was better than nothing.


I decided on scalloped circles because it hopefully detracted from my horrible circle cutting skills. People seemed to like it and it served it's purpose.
Finally on the decor front, I wanted to do something with the month pictures that I had so diligently taken every 27th of the month and I wasn't too sure I could pull off another banner, so my brilliant BFF suggested that I get some cheapo frames and place them around the party site. I tweaked the idea and decided to make a little display around her beautiful 1 year photos. I got the frames at the Dollar store and I printed little circles on matching scrapbook paper with her month printed on them.




All in all, it was a stupendous day. We had so much fun, eating good food, watching Mags not really like her first cupcake and opening presents.


On that note, we are out of here!!!! After all this wonderful birthday fun, we are heading out for a much needed week long vacay. I'm not taking the laptop and I plan on unplugging a bit, so the blog will be quiet for a couple of days. Never fear though, I will be back with more of the info on the rest of the birthday parties and I'm sure some crazy vacation stories and pics.

Hope you are having a fabulous Friday and that you don't miss me too much while I'm gone. See you on the flip side!!!

Don't forget to link up...


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails