Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer time

Hi there! So it's officially summer...

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a summer hater.  I enjoy the beach (duh), I like the warmer weather (NOT the humidity), I like the party atmosphere that accompanies it and of course, I have a summer girl for a daughter, so I have to embrace it (let's not discuss the fact that her 3rd birthday is less than a month away, I may cry).

So this year, no bucket list, but we have quite a bit on our plate.  There's the beach, community fairs, swim lessons, birthday parties for Mags...one of them AT the beach, a mini-vacay also at the beach and then Disney.

The trend there, if you didn't catch it, is...THE BEACH!  And this time last year I would have slightly cringed at all the beach time.  Not for me, but for the Magster.  This time last year, she was a staunch beach HATER.  She did not enjoy the sand and would not go anywhere near the ocean.  I have to say it broke my heart a little because I have always loved the beach and wanted to be able to share that with my children.  But I understood that some children are just sensitive to some things and basically, your child is an individual and may not like the same things you....shocking, I know.

Two weekends ago, we headed down to the beach at my mom's in OCMD.  Mags talked about walking on the sand and swimming, but I wasn't convinced that she really had any idea what she was talking about.  And then this happened....

 

Oh and then she did this.....
 

THAT my friends is official beach babe status.  We'll see if it was a one time deal as we head down to the beach this weekend.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my beach baby is here to stay!!

Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

The Ludwigs said...

She's getting so big! We LOVE the beach, and OCMD! Fractured Prune donuts are amazing!

Dawn said...

Adorable!! Hope all goes well again this weekend!! :))

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails