Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekend Whirlwind

Seriously??? It's Monday already???

[Insert complaint about the weekend being WAAAAAAAAY too short]

This weekend starts a couple weekends of some non-stop fun for us. We had a wedding this weekend, we're "Heading down the shore, hon" for Memorial day weekend and then, you guessed it, another wedding the following weekend. Whew! I think I need a vacation from all this fun (OCMD mid June).

So what were we up to this weekend? We headed down south to celebrate the wedding of two of my high school classmates. I have been friends with Robin since we were in 10th grade and we worked at a local yogurt shop together. Adam I knew of in high school, but I never really hung out with. They ended up going to prom, basically as friends, and that was where the story ended....or so we thought.

I had no idea that they kept in touch through college and then when Robin moved back to our hometown, they met up, and they rest, as they say, is history. I have since gotten to know Adam a little bit better and I am so happy for these two crazy kids and I wish them all the best!


Another important part of the weekend was that Mags got to spend some quality time with her Grammy and Poppy. She really enjoyed herself and we all had an awesome weekend. Unfortunately I didn't get any pics of Mags with Grammy or Poppy, but I did get some cute ones with my grandparents (her great-grandparents), who also came to visit!

What's that you say, Mommy?

I'm soooooooooo excited for the next couple of weekends and the summer in general. I have been looking forward to this summer for what seems like forever and this weekend is the official kick off. We have beach visits, 4th of July, pool fun, BBQs, a certain little sweetie's first birthday and a longer beach vacation on the agenda. Also, Mags isn't going to be taking any classes this summer (she deserves some time off after all her hard work at The Little Gym), and I declare this "The summer of Maggie and Mommy". During the week, to keep ourselves busy, we are going to travel around our little town and some other local areas (not too far because gas is totes expensive) and see what we can do to have fun. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear what you guys are planning this summer. Parks, picnics and pools, are going to be our mainstays, but we are open to other ideas!

Hope you are having a great Monday!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails