Friday, March 2, 2012

Your Three Words

11 things (About) Me

Thank you to Andrea for tagging me!

There are 5 rules:
1. post these rules.
2. post a photo of yourself and 11 random things.
3. answer the questions set for you in the original post.
4. create 11 new questions and tag people to answer them.
5. go to their blog/twitter and tell them that you've tagged them.

Yep, I'm a BAMF (nope, not even a little bit)

Ok some random things.....

1. I am OBSESSED with "Downton Abbey"! It is soooo good! The drama is nail biting and the insults are so back handed. It's all about Mary and Matthew in my opinion. Oh and, Thomas is the devil....

2. I am also slightly addicted to Instagram. I have completed the January and February photo-a-day challenges and it has been a ton of fun! Follow me @sbetteridge.

3. I CANNOT wait for our trip to Disney. It is going to be so awesome and I can't wait to share one of my favorite places on Earth with the hubs and of course, the Magster! Check out my Pinterest board for all the fun I'm planning...

4. Ok, so that stuff was pretty lame, want the real dirt??? I HATE pickles. There it's out, I feel so much better.

5. Oh what about this, the resort that we stayed at for our honeymoon in Cancun, gained some notoriety last year because the "Survivor" producer's wife was killed there....creepy, huh???

6. I love to sing and in high school I was in all the musicals and even had a lead part my Senior year. Unfortunately, I am a horrible actor, so no future in that for me. Although I do love to throw down some karaoke!

7. I am not a big fan of things that mix sweet and salty tastes. I don't have a lot of super strict food rules, but this is one of them. Sweet should be sweet and salty, salty. Unless we're talking about chocolate covered pretzels, there I make an exception.

8. I come from a blended family and have quite a few siblings. I have 2 stepbrothers, 3 stepsisters, a half sister, a half brother and a brother...and a partridge and a pear tree.....

9. Speaking of a partridge and a pear tree, about ten years ago, we started this weird tradition with my dad that on our way to our extended family's Christmas celebration, we sing "The Twelve Days of Christmas". We NEVER remember the words, it always falls to pieces, we sing it over cell phones if we are in different cars, and for some reason one year my brother, Ben, started singing, "five golden rings...bumda bumda...." really loudly and now it's an official part of the song.

10. On the topic of holidays, Christmas is my favorite, but Thanksgiving is a close second, because of the two awesome meals I "have" to eat. At my mom's it's all about the dumplings and the dressing (dressing is stuffing that is baked in a casserole dish and was never in the turkey) and then at my dad's there are the amazing mashed potatoes. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

11. Drooling....that would be what the hubs and I do when we subject ourselves to such shows as, "Man vs. Food" and "Diners, Drive-Ins and More" (it's Dives, but when it was first on I kept saying more, and it annoyed the hubs to no end....love you!!!). Right now it's especially tortuous since I'm really trying to be diligent about losing the baby weight (and a good portion of the weight that was there before the baby)!

Wow, that was fun and a little tough. Pretty sure the minute I hit "post" I will think of a bunch of things that I wished I had written. Oh well...here are the questions from Andrea....

1. What is your favorite ever vacation that you've been on?
That would have to be our honeymoon to Cancun. It was all inclusive and we took full advantage! We also went on two excursions, one to the pyramids at Chichen Itza and the other to La Isla Mujeres, that were amazing.

2. Have you ever met a famous person?
Yes, while working in Disney, I briefly "met" Steven Tyler. I was laughing at something a co-worker said and he came up behind me and asked, "What's so funny?". I turned around and there he was and then he walked away. I don't know if that counts...Also, while in Disney, Lindsay Lohan butted in front of me on the ride "Test track" in Epcot. I wasn't sure who she was at the time (2001) but I realized later....

3. Who is your celebrity crush?
Ugh, this is a little embarrassing but I am Team Edward day and night, cause I love me some Robert Pattinson.


4. Red wine/white wine/beer?
I don't like red wine, only like sweet white wines and I love beer.

5. Do you have a secret talent?
Well like I said, I like to sing. I can also clap like a seal, as in I can do a one-handed clap, because I think my knuckles are double jointed or something. My father and brother can do it as well, but my mother can't.

6. How many animals live in your house?
We have one cat, Bella.



7. Biggest pet peeve?
Waiting....for the red light to change, for bad drivers, at Dr's appts....I wouldn't say I'm impatient, I just like things to be timely.

8. If you could travel anywhere for free, where would it be?
Ireland, fo' sho'. I have a lot of Irish ancestry and it just seems like a really beautiful place to visit. Also, I love Irish/British accents!

9. Favorite nail polish color?
I used to go for boring mauve, but lately I have been trying to branch out to brighter and somewhat trendier colors. Nothing neon, blue or green...not my style.

10. Chocolate or potato chips?
Both, but never together. Please see above.

11. Favorite book?
"To Kill a Mockingbird"- timeless classic, that gets me every time!

And here are my questions....
1. If you could love in a different time period, which would you choose and why?
2. What is your favorite color? Is it also your favorite color to wear?
3. What inspires you?
4. Who is the first person you want to call to share good news?
5. What is the one sense that you couldn't live without?
6. What's your favorite children's book?
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
8. How did you get your current job?
9. Why do you blog?
10. When did you first think of yourself as an "adult"?
11. If you had three wishes, what would they be?

And I tag Amanda, Lindsay, Kristi and Dawn.


Hope you're having a great Friday, and have a wonderful weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails