Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

First of all, what do you think about the changes to le blog? I was getting bored with the old design and I was trying to save to pay someone to re-design it....but I thought, hey, why not give it a go myself??? I only wanted to make some minor tweaks and I didn't see the point in paying someone when I could possibly do it on my own. Overall I am pleased with the outcome. I learned A LOT and it was uber frustrating at times, but I'm pleased. I am SUPER pleased that now I can manipulate things easier and change them when I want....YAY!

On another note, I wanted to share with you guys some great saving/couponing websites that I have happened upon recently. So I haven't been making a big deal about it, and this will probably never (ah, but I guess you should "never say never") become a couponing site, but I have personally jumped into the couponing world. We are trying to save and be more financially responsible en la casa, so I thought I would give couponing a go. I knew that I would need some help, so I turned to the Interwebs and they were there to help and majorly overwhelm me. Since I started a couple of months ago, I have found a couple of sites that have really helped me.

#1 in my book for couponing and all things savings would have to be Hip2save. I think I was referred to it by another site and I am so grateful I found it. The other day I was checking out at the grocery store and I handed over a stack of coupons to the cashier. She was so impressed with the deals that I got, she asked what website I had used. I told it her it was all because of Hip2Save and she wrote down the site for herself. Now you know that's good when a grocery store employee is intrigued.

Not only has Hip2Save saved me tons at the grocery store, but it has already helped me get a head start on my Christmas shopping! This past Saturday morning I was perusing my Facebook feed and I saw Hip2Save post about an amazing deal at Target. Target has daily deals and that day's deal was this beaut....

Image

In case the pic isn't clear that is a "Disney Royal Accessories" bundle, complete with crib, stroller and high chair....for the mother desperately trying to make her daughter love Disney as much as she does....LOL

Ok, so it was originally $49.99. Target had it that day for 50% off...$28.99, then Hip2Save had a 50% code that you could use and since it was a Daily Deal, shipping was free. So I ended up only paying $15 for this sucker! Hello, awesome Christmas present for the Magster... get in my shopping cart! And it was a good thing that I had happened upon that Facebook status when I did, because 2 hours later it was SOLD OUT!

Oh Hip2Save you are the best!!!!

*Hip2Save has no idea that I am giving them a shout out. I am not being compensated in anyway. This is just my opinion.

There are a couple more sites that I want to highlight, but I'll save them for another day. So finally, I leave you with a gratuitous Mags pic from yesterday...

I give you "Park on a Supah Dupah Windy Day"

Hope that you're having a great Tuesday!!!

PS: I still need 3 more people for the Kid's Book Exchange...not to be a nudge, but Please?? LOL

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails