Last Friday, May 27th, Mags turned 22 months old. Only a couple more weeks till she turns TWO! Not to beat a dead horse, but come on....time is seriously flying by!!!!
What a difference a year makes! This time last year, Mags wasn't even crawling yet...And now, well...
- You are talking up a storm! I would say 40% is still gibberish, but you just love chatting, so you don't mind too much that we have no idea what you're going on about. As long as we listen and pay attention, you are tickled. As for the rest, it seem like everyday you have new words that you like to try out. We actually have conversations now and you are stringing the words into sentences...
- You love to run. Sometimes it looks more like skipping or galloping, but it is fast! You love being chased, but most of the time you just turn around and let the person get you, or run TOWARDS them. You are silly!!!
-Books are still your fave. Right now, "Princess Baby" is in the rotation, because you lvoe saying at the end, "I AM.......Princess Baby!". You also love "Winken, Blynken and Nod", "Snuggle Puppy" and "Planting a Rainbow". You still LOVE to be read to, and you also love sitting with your books and reading to yourself!
- Still loving Mickey....still refusing to say Minnie! The 2nd birthday party has been officially switched from Minnie themed to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Your first birthday party is coming up in less than three weeks, and plans are underway!!
- Still eating just about everything. Still not the hugest fan of veggies and the other day I made a tuna salad wrap for you with avocado and tomato. You ate every speck of tuna, half the avocado and picked out every miniscule piece of tomato you could find....stinker!
- Your little memory is really good! Every time we go to the grocery store you ask for cheese, and it doesn't matter if we are passing the deli, meat or fish counter, you ask until we pass them or you get some cheese!!!
- The new word is "no". You used to say "all done" when you didn't want to do something, and now you just say no. We have had some issues with mini-meltdowns and for the most part we aren't sure what they were all about. We think there might be some communication issues and that you get confused with what we are telling you, and then you get upset that it wasn't what you thought it was....
Ex) The other day we said we were going to take a ride to get some yogurt. You were excited, but when we went to put you in the car you flipped out. Looking back, we think you might associate rides with the stroller and you thought we were walking to Dairy Queen or something like that. Needless to say once you had your yogurt, you were very happy.
So lately we have tried to be more specific and say, "Ok, let's go on a car ride" or just "Let's go in the car!"
Maggie, you are such a joy to spend time with little one. You are so pleasant and fun, the majority of the time. We are truly blessed to have you in our lives!