Wednesday, September 5, 2012

OCMD August 2012

In the beginning of August, we got the chance to head down to OCMD for a nice long weekend.
I think I have amply documented my love affair with the OC...MD, like here and here.
What can I say... I spent A LOT of time there as a kid and it is one of my favorite places on Earth!

So we headed down late Friday morning, leaving rainy PA and arriving in sunny MD.
 We got there in time to put Maggie down for a nap.  When she got up, we headed out to my favorite Friday night dinner spot, Bull on the Beach.  They have the BEST shrimp salad sandwiches, and I was not disappointed!

Afterwards, we headed down to the beach for a little walk.  Mags wasn't interested in getting down, but she wasn't as scared of the ocean and even seemed curious about it.
My loves in my heaven.....


My parents and grandparents made it down at that point and we relaxed the rest of the evening.

The next day was pretty icky, weather wise, but we didn't let it stop us!
Waiting out the rain with Great-Grandaddy
We headed down to the boardwalk for Maggie to go on some rides.  It was perfect, because although it wasn't a beautiful day, the rides are covered, so it didn't bother us!  Now the majority of these rides are "kiddie" rides, but they are mostly the type that the child would have to go on by themselves.  Mags had never done this before, and I wasn't sure what she would think about it...
I'll let the pictures do the talking....
Now some of these are a little blurry, but make no mistake, the girl was in seventh heaven!!!! LOL
 After that we went out for a late lunch and then had another relaxing evening.

Sunday, we lucked out and it was a beautiful beach day.  We got Mags all ready and headed down.  I didn't have high expectations of her loving the sand, but overall it wasn't that bad.  She was ok with sitting on the blanket and actually played with the sand toys with my mom....a WIN in my book!
 


Did this one all on her own...best seat on the beach!!
 Then after our fun on the beach, my parents and grandparents headed home and we headed out to our other favorite dinner spot.  Fish Tales is a bay side restaurant and it is mostly uncovered.  Well, as we headed down it started to look dark and foreboding.  I was getting upset because I really wanted to eat there.  When we got there, we asked if there was any covered seating, but they said it was whatever was available.  We got seated outside and as we sat down it started to spit a little, and then all of a sudden, the sun peeked out and the rain stopped.  It was a great night!

These were the delish fish tacos that I got!  They were AMAZING!!!!
 

After dinner, we headed out for some ice cream.  Mags was happy!


And this is how the Magster insisted on going to ice cream....

This girl is too much!


After ice cream we stayed in for the night and then we left Monday morning.  It was a stupendous trip!

Hope you're having a great day!!!  

 

2 comments:

The Ludwigs said...

Ohmigosh, ohmigosh, ohmigosh - I haven't even read your whole post yet, but I had to say *WE* were just in OC, too! We must have just missed you - we were there the 17th-24th... It's one of Mommy's very favorite places in the world.

Heading back to actually read your post now...

Lindsay said...

Such beautiful pictures! I see why you love it there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails