Saturday, August 28, 2010

Here's how it all began...

Well I guess I should start at the very beginning. How did I end up with a beautiful one month old little girl and married to my best friend? I guess I would have to give Mickey Mouse the credit.
So after some lack of direction after I graduated high school, I got a full time job at a Doctor's office. It was an ok job, but I had always wanted to be a teacher and although I wasn't currently on that track, I knew that was what I wanted to do with my life. So I decided to go back to school, but I really didn't have the means so I started out at a Community College. Then because I had nothing really tying me down, and I figured, "Hey at this rate, I am trying to get my Bachelor's degree for the rest of my life, why not waste a semester"... I decided to do the Walt Disney World College Intern Program.
Basically I would move to FL and work in one of the Disney parks for a semester. I figured I would get away from my situation and see what was really out there. Maybe I would fall in love with FL and decide to move there...nothing was out of the realm of possibility. For my job I was placed in the Magic Kingdom in the gift shop that you have to walk through off of the Splash Mountain ride. I was in the Fall program and I would leave in August. Unfortunately I chose the Fall program of 2001 and two weeks after I arrived in FL, September 11th happened....TO BE CONTINUED

--Sarah

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails