Thursday, November 18, 2010

Norah Jones- Who Knew?


So I have been lucky enough to get to review Norah Jones' new compilation album "...Featuring" and I have to say that I am mighty surprised at what I found. I have always lumped Ms. Jones into the easy listening category and I know she had a brief foray into alt. country, but man I had no clue how versatile this woman is. This new album spans her entire career and includes the majority of her collaborations over the years. There are a few easy listening tunes included but there is so much more. From true country honky-tonk to pure hip hop, this woman is covering all her bases. There is even a little holiday ditty with none other than Mr. Willie Nelson, perfect for this time of year.
For my taste I have to say that I am a true alternative girl...raised in the nineties, so my faves on this album are, "Dear John" – Ryan Adams featuring Norah Jones and "Little Lou, Prophet Jack, Ugly John" – Belle & Sebastian featuring Norah Jones. Both of these songs are so mellow and rather dreamy, just the way I like my alt. rock.

But you have to take a look at the entire album to really get a feel for everything that is offered:

...Featuring Track Listing:
1. Love Me – The Little Willies
2. Virginia Moon – The Foo Fighters featuring Norah Jones
3. Turn Them – Sean Bones featuring Norah Jones
4. Baby It's Cold Outside – Willie Nelson featuring Norah Jones
5. Bull Rider – Norah Jones and Sasha Dobson
6. Ruler Of My Heart – Dirty Dozen Brass Band featuring Norah Jones
7. The Best Part – El Madmo
8. Take Off Your Cool – OutKast featuring Norah Jones
9. Life Is Better – Q-Tip featuring Norah Jones
10. Soon The New Day – Talib Kweli featuring Norah Jones
11. Little Lou, Prophet Jack, Ugly John – Belle & Sebastian featuring Norah Jones
12. Here We Go Again – Ray Charles featuring Norah Jones
13. Loretta – Norah Jones featuring Gillian Welch and David Rawlings
14. Dear John – Ryan Adams featuring Norah Jones
15. Creepin' In – Norah Jones featuring Dolly Parton
16. Court & Spark – Herbie Hancock featuring Norah Jones
17. More Than This – Charlie Hunter featuring Norah Jones
18. Blue Bayou – Norah Jones featuring M. Ward

Consider this one as a great holiday gift for the true music aficionado in your life, they will love it.


Disclosure: This review is my personal opinion and I am entered to win a gift card through One2One Network by participating.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

She's awesome! I'll have to check out the new album :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails