Sunday, September 25, 2011

Monday Morning Weekend Recap

Monday morning, yet again....man it seems like these things come quicker and quicker every week!

Recap:

Friday, when Brian finally got home from work, we had a yummy dinner and then we got to watch "Bridesmaids" after Mags went to bed. It was pretty funny, not at all the female "Hangover" like I heard someone liken it to, but not a bomb. There were some parts that lagged a little bit, but overall I liked it.

Saturday, we relaxed for the most part and then I headed out for a friend's bachelorette party. It was fun, but I didn't get home until 3am, and Mama can't hang like that anymore. In my 20's I was a little bit of a partier, but nowadays, I consider midnight past my bedtime.

So needless to say on Sunday my butt was dragging. My amazing hubby let me sleep in and took care of Mags in the morning. What a guy! And the rest of the day was just spent relaxing....oh and you know Mags taking a few steps.....Now I wouldn't officially say that she took her first steps, but this was pretty significant. We were hanging out in her room and I was trying on her Halloween costume (more on that later) and I was trying to take some pics and she was all over the place. At one point she was climbing on me and using me to help her stand, and she let go of me and was standing on her own (which she does occasionally, not really intentionally). So she was preoccupied with something in her hands and I scooted backwards to snap a picture (sorry the picture is so small).

She stood there for a minute and then took about three steps towards me and grabbed me. She hasn't done it since, but we have a feeling that this might be it. I think it would be great if she was walking by Halloween, so we could do some trick or treating, but I know it will happen when she is ready.

So that is all the excitement of this weekend! Don't forget to enter the Juppy Baby Walker Giveaway. Oh, and I'm sure no one scrolls to the bottom of the blog, but I added a new ticker...yep, we're going to Disney!!!!! I am so excited (and no, that's not the actual date, don't need to broadcast that)!!!! Things are booked, and I will share more as we get closer!

Hope you're having a marvelous Monday!


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails