Friday, September 9, 2011

Your Three Words

Future Guitar Player

My hubby is one of the most caring, generous, kind and loving people you will ever meet, but he doesn't exactly wear his heart on his sleeve. When we first started dating, I was very quick to determine whether or not Brian wanted kids and his reply was, "Sure." (trust me, in Brian world that isn't as off putting as it sounds). And then when we both peered at the pregnancy test with the bold word "Pregnant" staring back at us, I could tell that he was shocked and somewhat subdued about it all, while I went crazy with excitement. His reticent reaction to this earth shattering news (IMO) made me a little nervous about how he was feeling about the situation, but he assured me that he was equally enthused.

A couple of months into my pregnancy Brian went on a field trip to the Martin guitar factory, aka Mecca for my guitar loving nerd. On the way home Brian called to inform me that he had a gift for me. "Well it's not really for you, but, eh you'll see when I get home." I was intrigued.

When Brian came home I was very interested to see what this present could be. When I saw what he had bought, to say that I was touched would be an understatement....

Without saying a word, Brian expressed just how he felt about the little life growing in my belly and any questions I had were answered.

And now? Geez Louise, this little girl has Daddy wrapped right around her little finger...

He blinked in every single picture I took...not that he really wanted to be in the pic to begin with....LOL

Love you the mostest my silly nerd. Thank for being the best husband and Daddy there ever was.

And now that the mush fest is over, I wish you all a great weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails