Monday, October 31, 2011

Tricks and Treats and Snow

So yesterday I just said a "Happy Halloween" and threw up a year comparison pic of Mags, but let's not gloss over what happened this weekend, folks....it freakin' SNOWED!!!!

Now during the winter, I am a weather channel junkie and I keep my finger on the pulse of the snow forecasts constantly. When I was working full time, I would get really anxious about the snow and worry about having to drive in it. Now that I stay at home, I worry about the hubs and the crazy drivers that are driving around him. But for obvious reasons (like we don't live in Antarctica or anywhere near where it snows before November) I wasn't really paying attention to the weather this week, until they said something about snow. But then they said that it was too warm for it to accumulate and it would just be a nuisance, nothing more. Then they said that it might accumulate a little, but it wouldn't start until Saturday night, late. Then I woke up on Saturday morning and it was snowing, and by the time the hubs woke up an hour later, it was accumulating. By 12pm, we had about 4 inches on the cars and grass and about 2 inches on the street. We were both incredulous.

Then at 12:30, the power went out. I called the electric company and they said the electricity would be back on by 2:50pm. Not too bad. We hung out with Mags and played. Then 3pm came and went. I called the electricity company back and they said that the electricity wouldnt be on now until 8:50pm. We decided to brave it and make the trek to the inlaws, to wait it out there. We packed up and made the journey. On the way there, we called the electricity company again, just to see because knowing my luck the electricity came back on the minute we left. This time they informed us that our electricity would not be back on until 5:15.....pm.....THE NEXT DAY!!!!

Needless to say we were happy that we made the decision to evacuate (even though I called later that evening, around 8:30pm, and it said that the electricity had been restored). We had a great time hanging with my in-laws. We watched Charlie Brown Halloween with Mags and then when she went to bed we watched Pirates 4. Fun night.

The next day we had planned to celebrate my birthday (yep, it's that time again, another year older....CANNOT believe it...oh well, just means that I'm old....LOL). We had my favorite birthday dish, chicken divan and an absolutely sinful chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. I was hurting after that meal!

After the festivities, we made it home and were very happy to see that our power was in fact, on.

So yesterday was Halloween and Mags and I hung out the majority of the day. We went out shopping with some of Mommy's birthday gift cards and then we came home and waited for Daddy to get home. Once he got home we were off to the Halloween party. It's the same one that we went to last year, but of course this year was a little different. We decided to try trick-or-treating with Mags since she's walking now. It was cold and there was still some snow on the ground, but she seemed to enjoy herself.

{The ONLY pic we could get inside before trick-or-treating because someone was running around like a mad woman}

{The first house, with a little help from Daddy}

{Trudging along (see the snow on the right???)}

{Starting to get the hang of it...}

{She kept losing her hand in this sleeve, I'm sure that was confusing....LOL}

{Finally got it...sort of (she would take a piece of candy and then put it back...lol)}

After the trick-or-treating we went back to the party and had a great time. All in all, I think we had a great 1st trick-or-treating experience!

How was your Halloween?? Hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails