Saturday, February 11, 2012

A little bit about me.....

So normally I save the blog talk mainly for Maggie anecdotes, but I came across a link to this article on a fave blog, Bringing up Bumble, and I just had to share. This article talks about introversion and what it's like to be an introvert. Really interesting stuff!!!

This article just really encapsulates exactly who I am. I have always known that being around other people in social situations does not come easily to me, but my favorite line in this article is, "I'm okay, you're okay- just in small doses." And like the article says, it's not that I don't like people, it's just that being around people is something that for me takes more effort than for an extrovert, who feeds off of other people's energy.

I have even had some people, now friends, say that when we first met, I seemed bitchy or stand offish and I have to attribute that to my introversion. Again, like the article says, I am not necessarily shy, and I am a teacher, so I can get up in front of a large crowd and give presentations (pretty good ones, if I do say myself...LOL), but it's the small talk that trips me up and makes me uncomfortable. It is something that I am really trying hard to work on.

So back to Mags, as I have frequently said, I am pretty sure that she is a born extrovert. Not really sure how to handle that. I did read a pretty interesting article in Parents about it, and the whole topic is something that I will probably be researching more as she gets older and even more outgoing (is that possible???).

And completely off topic....this....


LOVE Ellen. LOVE JcPenney for loving Ellen and standing by her. And love that Ellen said that "Haters are my motivators!" Way to be Ellen!!! If you have no idea what this is all in reference to and you want to know more, go here.

Hope you're having a great weekend!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails