Thursday, February 9, 2012

It's a Love Story- {Link up w/ from Mrs. to Mama}

With Valentine's day right around the corner, I decided to dive right into the mush with a little recap of the love story with the hubs, linking up with Becky over at From Mrs. to Mama!

1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
This year Brian and I will celebrate our 7th dating "anniversary" on March 18th, and our fourth wedding anniversary on October 11th. (eek, I forgot we had been together that long...feels like just yesterday, sweetie...LOL)


2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
We met student teaching, and I always feel the need to clarify that we were BOTH student teaching (as in no teacher/student thing going on here). There were five English student teachers, and we all really hit it off. We fraternized quite a bit and sometimes we all hung out outside of school.
Brian really stole my heart during my lunch period, which was his planning period, but instead of planning he always seemed to be in the teacher's lounge with me. I remember that my lunches always seemed to fly by, sitting and talking with him. And sometimes he made me laugh so hard, with his "Celebrity Jeopardy" and "Holy Grail" impressions, that I was literally crying. One day he asked for my IM name and we started talking a lot and then he finally asked me out. I was ecstatic.



3. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?
We got married in Chalfont, PA, in a large, traditional Catholic wedding, with a huge reception afterwards. We knew that we wanted to get married in the fall and we had the most beautiful day! It was truly idyllic!

4. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another?
Yes, we have nicknames and they are just way too silly to share. Sorry.
5. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
Honestly, there are a million things that I love about my man, but if I had to pick the top three, they would be:
-His humor/laugh. I love his sense of humor and I love to make him truly laugh. I frequently go out of my way to make him laugh because if he laughs, that means that it is really funny!
- His caring nature. Brian has a lot of friends, of both sexes, because he is an honest to goodness, good guy and people like to have him in their corner. He is always there for people when they need him and it makes me so proud!
Ugggh, this is tough picking only three, but...
- The father that he has become. I wasn't 100% percent sure how Brian really felt when we found out we were having a baby, because he keeps his emotions close, but this incident spoke volumes. And now, seeing him interact with our little silly one, it just makes me so happy and blessed to have snagged him!


6. Tell us how he proposed?
Brian proposed on September 15th, at a local park after a picnic lunch. It was low key and intimate and beautiful.


7. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Brian is not an over the top kind of guy in any respect and that is one of the main reasons that I love him. If it were between these two choices, I would say teddy bear and flowers, because he has actually gotten me both over the years!


8. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?
I am absolutely both. I LOVE the beach and love to spend quiet time there with the hubs, but I also cherish our quiet moments hanging in together!


9. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
I would love to be able to take the hubs to Ireland. Brian and I love the band U2 and I have a lot of Irish heritage, so this is one trip that we would both love to take!



10. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.
This Valentine's day is a Tuesday, so it will pretty much be business as usual around here. We are celebrating our dating "anniversary" in March with a date night out, so that will probably be for V day as well.


11. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Nah. When it comes to love and a great relationship, I got all I could ever hope for!


12. Show us a picture of what love means to you.



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails