Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pin It Tuesday

Hello! Happy Tuesday to you.

So, I think I have shared a few times, the fact that I heart the Pinterest (You can see how much, if you follow me). I think it is a great site, a great idea (why didn't I think of it??) and of course, a great time suck....i kid, i kid. But honestly, I mainly post things that look awesome: expensive clothes, elaborate crafts, amazing houses, with no real designs on actually making them reality in my life. Until now, well actually it was last week.

I had pinned a few interesting ideas and I decided to give them a whirl. My first Pinterest attempt, was a gallery wall. I have a large, open wall in our living room that was just begging for some uber cute pics of the Magster, but I wasn't sure how to arrange them.
Pinterest to the rescue. I pinned this little gem awhile ago, and thought that it would be helpful.



I specifically tried to emulate the one in the fifth row, last column.

So here's the before....
And here's the after....
Overall, I think that it turned out pretty cute. I think the lesson learned is that 4X6 aren't the best choice for a wall this size. Oh well, they're up now and until I get some more gift certificates to Michael's or some other craft/frame store, that's how it is. And of course, shout out to the hubs for his mad frame hanging skillz.

And then, last but not least, my other Pinterest attempt was for Miss Maggie's 18 month little celebration. I pinned this awesome recipe for super easy cupcakes and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity. The recipe only called for cake mix and pumpkin, which I had never used from Thanksgiving.



And this is how they turned out....

These were the winners

And this Pinterest experience was....a disaster...but I do not blame the pin. First of all, I have never made cupcakes before. Second, I found out after I had started that we only have one cupcake pan and it only has holes for 6 cupcakes. And last, all of this made me so flustered that I could not for the life of me find the egg beaters (which of course were right where they should be). This made it extremely difficult to combine the cake mix and the pumpkin, so I added two eggs, which helped but there was still some unmixed cake batter.

In the end, they turned out ok...but I think they might have been better if I had the mixer to help. Tune in tomorrow to see pics showing what Mags thought about the cupcakes...

All in all, I call my two Pinterest attempts so far, an ok success. I love Pinterest and I love all the ideas, and may even try some more in the future! In fact, my mommy's group is having a Pinterest party next month, so I may attempt something really daring....we'll see...LOL.

As for my pinning this week, I ran across this and it made me blubber...

25 Rules for Mothers of Daughters


Just the pic alone, gets me....LOL.

Oh well, hope you're having a wonderful Tuesday!

Crazy About My Baybah

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails