Friday, May 25, 2012

An Ode to Grandaddy

Hello!  Happy Friday!  Finally....right???

So the other day I was talking about being able to celebrate my Grandaddy's 80th birthday, and how happy that made me, let me tell you why...

When my parents got divorced, my mom, brother and I moved in with my grandparents and they welcomed us with open arms.  They helped my mom, while she worked  full time and went to school in the evening.

My grandfather was/is the best.  Every night we sat together and read the "funnies" (comics) and that was basically how I learned to read.  When I got in "trouble" and had my dessert taken away, he would sneak me a Vienna cookie, with a "Shhh, don't tell your Mom".  And he was always up for a rousing rendition of "Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?".

I love my grandaddy so much and I love celebrating that fact on Father's day!  I try to pick a Father's day card that really captures that and this year I will use Treat to help me out with that.  They have a wide array of really cool cards to choose from, so I will have my work cut out for me this year!

You can keep up with Treat lots of different ways:
Facebook
Twitter
Pinterest
Google+

Hope that you have a great day!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails