Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Heart of Gold

Where were you this time last year? Where were you when you heard about the devastating earthquake that almost decimated Haiti?

I can't say that I can exactly recall how I heard about it, but I do remember watching the news that day and being visually overwhelmed by the images of the mass destruction. I could not believe that it had happened. Immediately following the disaster I also remember all of the relief efforts that began and all of the amazing stories of people trying their hardest to help the situation. There were so many efforts but as the time has gone on the interest has somewhat dwindled.

To say that Haiti is still in desperate need of assistance would be an understatement. That is why I am so delighted to promote the Heart of Haiti project.

These Haitian artisans are using raw material to make beautiful art pieces. From their website "This initiative offers the first sustainable income since the earthquake, enabling artisans to repair homes, pay school fees and feed and clothe their families. With steady income comes better nutrition, improved education and access to healthcare."

They are not asking for a hand out, they are working to make their futures brighter. These artists are using their creativity to help mend what is broken.

You can find out more information here
http://bit.ly/HeartofHaiti-ShopforABetterWorld




I was selected for this very special “CleverHaiti” opportunity by Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails