Monday, January 17, 2011

ONEder

So awhile ago I told you guys about the mommy blogger that inspired me to start my own blog. And since then I have encountered a lot of talented, inspirational women, who like me are trying to navigate the tricky waters of motherhood.

One such amazing mommy blogger that I stumbled upon a couple of months ago, is Kelle Hampton of Enjoying the Small Things. I'm sure some of you have heard about her, but I chose to spotlight her now because her beautiful daughter Nella is turning one this weekend and Kelle is asking for a rather unusual birthday gift.

Nella was born with Down Syndrome, which came as a quite a shock to Kelle and her family. After sharing her grief in a touching and moving Birth Story, Kelle bounced back and decided to rock out this amazing opportunity that had been handed to her to step outside of her old comfort zone and really and truly appreciate the big and small things.

Today Kelle and her family are asking her readers to help the Down Syndrome community with a "little" fundraiser. Well it started out little, with Kelle putting the goal at $15,000 (which she expressed some anxiety over), but within four days Kelle's family, friends and readers had smashed through that goal and raised over $50,000. The tally is now at $68,000 with a goal of $75,000.

If you have a minute I ask you to watch the video below. I think it really helps to put it all into perspective and then, if you can, donate. Start the year off right, by giving to those truly in need of our support.




And I can't leave you without a little Mags...I don't have my camera back yet, but my awesome in-laws lent me there's until I get mine back. Seriously I was starting to get the shakes from the withdrawal.

Hope you're having a great Monday!

1 comment:

Susan Payton said...

Well what a worthy cause, and if it weren't for the fact that my hubby's job is quite iffy these days, I would gladly donate. Right now I a trying to be smart enough not to become one of the statistics that I have seen so much of that lost their homes. This cause along with autism are causes close to my heart. My cousin who is older then me has down syndrome, and my niece's little boy has autism. Although I cannot monetarily donate right now I will send my prayers. Thank you for letting me visit your page, you've done a great job.
Susan
http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails