Friday, January 21, 2011

Your three words


It seems like every time I turn around now, my little, amazing girl is attempting some new feat. Whether it's actually jumping in her jumper (the first time she was in it she just swung around) to flipping herself from her back to her tummy and back and forth....to the piece de resistance yesterday and today when she..... clapped. It might not seem like much to some, but I am ecstatic!

The first clapping sighting was yesterday while I was changing her diaper (I am not sure why but this is also where she started blowing raspberries...I guess she does have a pretty captive audience while she's on her changing pad). Kind of out of nowhere she just started "clapping" her hands together. I don't think she was applauding ol' mom for the stellar cleaning job of the VERY messy diaper, I just think she finally made the connection with her hands. I tried to encourage her to continue, but no dice.

I figured that might have just been a fluke but then she did it again today, also on the changing pad. What a genius! She has always loved when her hands are clapped for her and lately she likes to put her hands on mine when I am clapping. So I guess it was just a matter of time before she attempted it on her own.

Other recent accomplishments....
-eating her oatmeal like a champ and leaning forward for more
- turning herself around in her exersaucer
- finding ways to get to toys that are a little out of reach on her playmat
-sitting up without assistance for longer periods of time

I can't believe all that has occurred in just six little months and I can't wait to see what else is coming up!

Hope you have a great weekend!

1 comment:

jenni from the blog said...

OMG so cute! And you just reminded me that I totally forgot to add the clapping and waving that Brynn does every time she see's someone she loves. It's so darn cute!! :)

They're amazing, aren't they??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails