Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Update-amundo

Oh my goodness, new year and lots of things to update....

Still can't believe that it is 2011, where has the time gone??? So how did our fam ring in the New Year? Mags made it till 9:45 and Bri and I made it to 10:45pm. Yep partay animals!!!! New Year's day we went and visited some family. Maggie surprises us all the time because we (well I) worry that she will be cranky if she doesn't follow her routine and nap schedule, but 9 times out of 10, she is really flexible. That day she missed a nap but you would never know it. She was the entertainment and she charmed everyone. Everyone was so impressed with her behavior and we couldn't be prouder.


Sorry the pics are a little craptastic. They are cell phone pics b/c I am still without my camera :(.
Oh and the last one, she was wearing really cute pink tights but she got a little hot so we took them off...I swear she's not nekkid and also that's how she's sucking her thumb these days...isn't it adorable????

Another new development on the home front is that we started Maggie on solids. We started with brown rice cereal and right now it is has been slow going. We started giving her 1Tbsp, but that seemed to be too much for her, so we reduced it to 1/2 tbsp. We have been doing that for the past two days and today she did seem to eat a lot more of it. We will probably try the rice for a little bit longer and then see how we fare with oatmeal. Brian's mom seems to remember that he wasn't that fond of rice and preferred oatmeal, so maybe Mags is taking after her Daddy...

Other than that I decided a few months ago that the new year would be the end of the unhealthy eating habits that I have had my entire life. Sounds kind of like a resolution right? Nah...this is a lifestyle change. I have a daughter now and I will not let her grow up seeing me uncomfortable in my own skin. I want to be a role model for Mags and I want her to be proud of me. But even more than that I want to be proud of myself. I have struggled with my weight my entire life and for once I would like to just be done with it. I had it under control a couple of years ago, but I gained a lot of the weight back while pregnant. Luckily I have a super supportive hubby who is joining me in this journey because we both want to be a good example for Maggie.

So as you can see, lots and lots of things going on. It is all great things though and right now I feel so blessed and thankful for everything.

Hope you're enjoying your Tuesday evening!

5 comments:

TeeTee Lynn said...

Yay for a lifestyle change! We are attempting that also in this new year! I hope yours goes well for you guys!

Maggie is adorable as always! :)

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

found you via the mom blogs.com... was searching for pa bloggers like me! nice to meet you. :)

Grace Matthews said...

Good for you...I'm hoping to eat a little better too.

Fellow Blog Hopper:)

Tina L. Hook said...

What a cutie patootie.

And congrats on a positive lifestyle change.

Sarah said...

Thanks everyone!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails